Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happiness is...


I did it.  It was said by some that it couldn't be done.  Ha!  Well here it is, the last lap quilt finished for Christmas with plenty of time to spare.  And the fact that the Mr. was in the hospital last week for his operation...well, I am rather pleased with myself.  The Singer Featherweight 221 held up under extreme pressure, my sanity is intact and now all I have to do is some wrapping, the Mr. is home and recuperating nicely.  I couldn't wish for anything more.

I'm giving my hands a knitting break for a week to see if they get any better, my fingers are stiff and swollen and painful...arthritis?  Overuse?  Probably a bit of both.  So, I have no new knitting projects to show off,  just a few WIP's that will have to keep for a while.  I think I need to abandon socks for some larger knitting needle knitting.  I have a sweater in mind that I will share as soon as I make up my mind.

I go back to work on Monday after taking time off to be a private duty nurse.  The pay isn't great but the rewards are many.  The Mr. is an easy patient and doesn't complain even when I know he is uncomfortable.  I wish all of my patients were as easy.

Now I'm off to watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas".  The holidays wouldn't be complete without watching Charlie Brown search for the true meaning of Christmas

2 comments:

  1. Finishes are great and especially way before the deadline! Very nice lap quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah and I watched Charlie Brown Christmas last night....I love that show!

    Love your quilts. Now, get wrapping, get packing and get up here!

    ReplyDelete