Sunday, December 14, 2014

Happiness is...

...trying something new.  For me this week, that would be color work aka fair isle.  I have been hesitant to do fair isle, not sure why...I guess it just seemed like too much trouble, too hard, not interested...then I met my friend Julie for coffee and she had on the  En Brekksprut' two color beret and all of my hesitation fell away.  It is very pretty,  and she said that it was a good beginning color work project.  So off to Ravelry to purchase the pattern, off to my stash to find some yarn and off to Hazel Knits online shop to add to my stash.  From my stash I chose a fingering weight Colinette Jitterbug in Copper Beach and then ordered Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Malachite.


This is a good beginner pattern....it's slow going for me but I am enjoying the process.

And because it was a beautiful cold clear day here I got out and got a good walk in...the marina was busy with lots of walkers, runners, cyclists and dogs walking their people.

Edmonds Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment