Saturday, November 21, 2015

Ahhh, Wet Wool, how I love thee...

Right this moment I am in the midst of dyeing a bunch of yarn for All Wound Up Yarn Shop in Edmonds...my house smells like wet wool and vinegar.  The poor Mr. missyinedmonds must put up with this delicate aroma every couple of weeks...and he does it with grace and uncomplaining good cheer.  Bless his heart and soul.

Beautiful glowy evening sky
In the meantime I am knitting my fingers bloody (hah) trying to get multiple Christmas gifts finished, as well as late birthday presents *sigh*, and trying to make time for my Autumn's End Sweater.  My initial goal of having the sweater finished by Thanksgiving is down the drain, in the toilette, a pipe dream, not going to happen.  Not even in time for Christmas I fear. *sigh*

 
On the bobbin - corrie cross hand dyed fiber

And just delivered this evening, fingering weight with sparkly stellina ready to dye


1 comment:

  1. That is so funny Missy! Your description of the house smelling like wet wool reminds me that when Steve comes in my craft room he says it's like a factory in there. I hope all the presents were finished in time without too much angst :) Stay dry up there!!!

    ReplyDelete