Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Well it is about time!

*ahem*  I'm embarrassed to report that this shawl sat on my loom for over a year with only a little more weaving yet to go.  For some reason it was not calling my name.  Every time I passed it in the living room I would avert my eyes thus rendering it invisible.  After a while I didn't even have to avert my eyes, it HAD become invisible to me.  Until a week or so ago.  Then it became the only thing I would see when I passed through the room.  It began to call my name in despair.  It needed to be finished.  By me.  Now.  So I did.  And I am so happy with it and myself.  I felt like it had taken on a life of its own and was giving me the 'hairy eyeball' every time I looked at it.  If anyone else reads this post but me,  and you have unfinished business, you will know exactly what I am talking about.

2 comments:

  1. You did make me laugh! I've never had a project give me "the hairy eyeball" but now that you've pointed it out I'm sure that will happen - LOL

    No, instead, all my unfinished projects lie happily about quite content not to bother anyone ;)

    It's a beautiful shawl and may I say it's about time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did i miss this? it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete