Monday, January 2, 2012

Things to think about...

I'm just sitting here, listening to the wind howl and the rain pour, being kind of lazy but doing my first of the year thinking.  So I've made a list of things that I'd like to accomplish over the coming months, self improvements etc.  Of course this isn't written in stone and I can amend it at any time and add to it.  But I like to have reminders and I know that I will forget some things if I don't get them down in some form...
(not in any significant order, just random thoughts)

  • Craft for others.  Knitting, quilting, weaving, spinning...  Never to early to plan for Christmas next year.
  • Eat more pesto.  My niece Robin made a pot of vegetarian pesto pasta over the holidays and it was yummy.  I made a pot when we got home and now I am hooked on pesto.  
  • Eat more vegetables and less meat.  Although our family motto is "salty meat can't be beat", I really need to watch my saturated fats.
  • Lose that 20 lbs that crept back on over the past couple of years...no snacking after dinner, more gym time etc.
  • Stay in better touch with distant relatives and friends.
  • Have people over to dinner more often.
  • Put a wild streak of color in my hair...purple I think.
  • Say 'yes' more often, look for fun adventures, step out of my comfort zone. 
That is a good start I think...time to go have some homemade chili and fresh bread that the Mr. made this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. I see you finished your hat! Good list you've made there. I'll just copy yours ; ). it's the snacking that's going to be the hardest!! enjoy your chili and D's bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems like some worthy goals! mmm, pesto!

    ReplyDelete