Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happiness is....

...walking around my garden when it is in full bloom.  I noticed when I reviewed these photos that we have lots of hydrangeas in our yard.  In fact 6 of them in the back yard.  It is kind of damp back there and I think they like it like that since they are all thriving better than ever this year.  So, put your garden shoes on and take a little walk around the yard.
Nasturtiums on the front porch

Pretty orange plant,  I don't know it's name

A field of Shasta Daisies in the front yard

Begonia in a pot on the porch
On of 6 hydrangeas in the back yard.  This one is a lace cap, my favorite!

Roses, they are my favorite kind that require little to no care...just prune in the early spring

Miss Black Eyed Susan

One of many many astilbe in the back,  I love them too.

A very hardy Butterfly Bush

Bee balm. The bees do love it.

Carpet Flower Roses, again little to no care, just a good pruning to keep them under control.

Lavatera, in a big pot out back

Oh yes, last but not least, Lavender.  Another favorite of the bees and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment